Friday, January 29, 2010

For Better or Worse

I can say to you for the first time in my life, I am INN-LOVE! To respond to my previous post, this relationship is to stay, until death due us part! Yes my dear friends and family, I am getting married.

It is so different than any other relationship I have ever been in. I don't feel like I have to explain, make excuses "why?", just introduce him. His name is Michael Dean Backeberg. I will get his name correct by the time it is my last name! He is a 40 year old farmer and mechanic. He is a child of the living God above all!

We have choosen July 10 at noon to be the time we are united as one. As I see a couple that I am very close to go through the aging process, I look at Michael and see many years of youth in both of us. One day, we too, will be aging and wondering how much longer can we go on. I know that I want to walk hand in hand with Michael into eternity. I have no questions, no doubts, a few fears, and a lot of love is in the air!

Oh, he treats me like a queen. I love him so much, there are times I just want to squeeze him sososososo hard and never let go! He has an adorable smile and giggle. He loves to pick on me and sometimes, it is too much! Now how about this, he told me to pick out a new toilet for our home. I thought that was sweet. I told him that we couldn't have a low sqatter! He just looked at me and laughed really hard!

I am the happiest I have been since I said yes to Jesus Christ being my Lord and Savior! Nothing will top that, I don't think! We are in the planning stages and I am working in Madison three days a week, driving an hour or so one way, full-time online student, and all the other things going on in my life.

I am blessed to be right where I am at. I am loved, cared for, cherished, taken care of, adored, and I was fearfully and wonderfully made in my mother's womb. I have been given this verse as a reminder of God's promises to me. I was not to worry about a husband, Daddy already had him picked out for me.

In five months, Michael and I will be saying our vows and I am blessed to be the future wife of Michael. His dad was singing today, "Here comes the bride!" I cryed!