Saturday, November 29, 2008

Today Was Such a Blessing!!!

When you ask people to pray and they do, you can tell!! Thanks to all who prayed!! I went to my brother's house that he has down here, in Cazenovia, 20 minutes away. He also has a house in Bloomer, WI. We had a wonderful time of my first turkey of the Thankgiving season and much more. I am so proud of myself for actually not over-eating this year! It helps not feel well, too! HHHMMM....

There are those moments that you just want to never end!!! Yes, today was one! It was such a wonderful gathering of mixed families, girlfriends, fiance', sisters, brothers, cousins, nieces, nephews, and grandpa/dad! I found out that not only is my sister getting married in May of next year, but both of my brothers. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is what I say!! WOW!!!!!!!!! April, May, and not sure-June, July, or August! Dad and I just looked at each other as this was not public info as far as to my brothers getting married. You know when one lady has a diamond on her hand, it is not too hard to figure out something is brewing. My brother just looked at me and said, "Oh, news to me. I am not getting married. What you talkin' bout?" I am not dumb nor was I born yesterday or the day before!! Hello Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the BIG question was, "Auntie, when you getting married?" My answer is, "He is out there and he is the best one for me because I am waiting on God, although I may not be very patient at times!"

Then, such a tender moment!! My little nephew of two years and a few months had been flying through the house picking up slivers in his feet and Mommy picking them out! He was bouncing in a chair and he literally bounced from chair to rubbermaid container to the couch and then...caboom on his head on the wood floor that hasn't had carpeting laid yet!! The house went silent and then a hugh scream! I had to fight not to cry with him as he was holding his head and Mom nor Dad could comfort him! He ran to hind behind the blanket hung as a door to the upstairs and cryed and cryed and cryed, holding his head! I called out to him, "Haden, come here." He would stop crying look and then turn around and continue on crying. I had my arms out for him to come. After a few times of me calling out to him, he came to me with his arms out-stretched for me to pick him up! He put his head on my shoulder and stopped crying as I began praying and talking to him. I could hear him say, "Auntie". Oh my heart melted and I have tears in my eyes now just thinking back to that moment. The truth is, this was the first and only time I have ever held Haden. It was so touching as he would pull away, look at me, smile, and then lay his head back down on my shoulder.

Is this not what God is asking of His children? For us to run into His arms and be held by Daddy? Oh today, I ran to Daddy and He is still holding me tight!! I have had a new joy put in my heart!! It is the joy that only Big Daddy in Heaven could put in me. I am so blessed by the little things that I so often take for granted and don't even realize that I am doing it! Forgive me Daddy!!

I pray you are blessed by this blog. I have enjoyed sharing with you!! Have a blessed Sunday!!

And to all, a blessed good night!

No comments: