Sunday, January 18, 2009

What Is God Preparing You and Me For?

Church was awe-inspiring today! I was filled with encouragement and hope during worship and then again at the end of the service! I have been wondering what God is preparing me for? Not just going to school and the normal day to day activities, but really what is God doing in me and for what purpose of His? Then as I was listening to Pastor Clark speak, it was like God yelled in my ear! I jumped and was filled with such peace and contentment! God is in control of my life because I give it to Him. I don't want to be outside of His will the least bit! It was at that moment when Pastor Clark was referring to David and how he must have prayed for his sheep he tended. Think on this: David prayed asking God to protect his sheep from bears, lions, tigers, etc. God didn't always do so. Why not? If God always spared David from fighting such animals, how would David be trained well enough to fight Galiath? Good question!!! Step furter: David was trained to fight Galiath to prepare him for the next step, which was what? Yes, to be a king of a nation! If God hadn't taken David through each process of training and tough love, if you will, how would David have been able to be king if he couldn't fight the giant if he couldn't fight a bear, lion, or wolf or his own fear?

I began to think of the things in my life I find difficult to bear and go through! There are things that have seemed simple to begin with and then as I pressed in and really experienced all the different aspects of things, I see that there are challenges in everything which seemed sweet to begin with! I am so in awe of God and how He puts things together and people together to help each other out and through! I am reminded of the scripture, "He works all things together for good according to His purpose!" I am grateful for this cripture for many reasons!!!

What is God preparing me for? I have a better understanding of some of the things He has called me to do! It is not just living here in a small home with three other bodies and the fourth one comes in on occation (two people and two dogs)! It is not just to go to school to get a better job and pay off debt and make a better income. It is not just, just, just. It is all of the above and much much more! I am excited as I am getting closer to Daddy and Jesus! The Holy Spirit does work through things and convict! I am also reminded of the scripture: "There is now therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!" I am holding this close to my heart tonight! I have felt so condemned and not understood why! Well, it is not Jesus condemning me! I now know that!

Blessing as you search God and find what He is preparing you for!!!

No comments: