Saturday, February 28, 2009

Encouragement For You & Me

"Encourage and Strengthen Him." Dueteronomy 3:28 This is what was one of my focuses this evening as I read this devotional. It is part two of "Be a 'builder-upper!'" God knew Joshua needed all the help he could get when lead the Israelites. He sent his mentor, Moses, to encourage and strengthen him!

God knows we each need help and He has put people in our lives to encourage and strengthen us! I am an encourager by nature. Lately, probably not so much to some and especially myself! I find there are some that it is easy to encourage and others, no matter what is said, well, bah humbug! I don't want to be in this intrapment of negativity!

Lately, I have been in the pit of uke and have been sorta kinda ignoring what God wanted to show me! I didn't realize that I was ignoring Him until about two days ago when I had a rude awaking! I realized that God was speaking into the depts of my inner most being! I sure needed to be encouraged at that moment and Daddy did!

Then, this eveing I ran across this devotional on encouragement. It states, "Everybody needs encouragement, including you! You need others to cheer you on when you've been battered by setbacks and circumstances. Correction does much, but encouragement does much more. It rekindles your spirit and gives you the oomph to keep going. Nothing can uplift more than the encouragement of a friend or loved one. It's the oxygen of the soul. Having run two miles, a person may need to pause and catch his or her breath before running another two. Before facing a formidable task, or even the wearying routines of life, a person needs to pause for encouragement before tackling the work ahead. So become oxygen to the souls of those around you. Strengthen them to persevere for the Kingdom. Encourage them with God's promise to work good in all things. Stop and think about somebody who could use a little encouragement, and before today is over, make it a point to get in touch with them."

"Let us pursue the things...by which one may edify (build up) another." Romans 14:19

I know a lot of people who need encouraged each step they take! I want to encourage you as you read this! You,_________, are loved and held up in His love and care today! You,___________, are not ever alone! You,_________, are watched over and sang over! You, __________, are in my prayers! I want to encourage you, I love and pray for you!

Until then, be blessed by God's best!!!

No comments: