Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Is Not Just December 25!!

Christmas is truely everyday for me! Through my attitudes and challenges lately, I find myself in awe of what Christmas really is about! It is not the food that I am longing to eat that is not healthy nor good for me at all! It is not that I cannot have that homemade fudge that is sitting on the counter that smells divine! It is not about the potatoes and cranberry sauce that stares at me when I sit down to eat a plate of raw veggies! It is not about what I cannot have or do not have! It is, however, about a Man who came to earth as a baby. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, tempted by the devil, saught God for all things, and died for you and me!!! That is not the end! He rose on the third day. Walked and talked with His disciples and then accended into Heaven to sit at the right hand of our Father in Heaven-His Daddy and my Daddy too!!

I have had a hard time getting through this holiday season because my focus has been on me and what I cannot have to eat! I am pushing through the struggle to see health and prosperity, not continued health issues, disease, pain, and death at a young age! I will push through with a renewed sense that I know in whom I believe and am pursuaded He is able to take me through because He brought me to!!!

I truely am filled with Joy Joy Joy today as I am a lone at the house with time to think and reflect. Jack and Lynda away with family and I was going to go but another option to see my niece came up and I jumped. You see, I have not seen her for nearly three years and from what I have been told, she has changed and is developing into a young lady! I don't want to miss see her! She is like a daughter to me. I help my brother raise her and her brother for a period of time. What an eye opener for me! She came to see me as a mother-figure and I saw her as a daughter-figure. I always told her not to disrepect her true mother as she won't want to regret it later!!

I am working at church right now and am glad that I have this time alone! I love being at a place with quietness and solitude where I can commune with Daddy! There is nothing like that in the world, just me and Daddy! I don't spend enough time with Him and I know it! I am working out my salvation and know that I am loved with an everlasting love! I love God more than anyone or anything! I desire to be in the center of His will for me. I don't want to be to the left or to the right!

I am asking for God's direction with meeting a fella who lives in Delaware. He has been trying to find a flight for me and a place to stay as I won't stay with him alone without his sister there. She won't be coming home from Ghana when orginally thought! God is a good God! He has our best interests in His hands! Yes, I do trust Him!!

I pray your Christmas day was great! I pray that everyday you keep Christmas in your heart!!!

Here's loving you!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jenna, why doesn't he come to visit you? it is not safe for a single woman to go to a city she's never been to before to meet a man she doesn't know and found on the internet...there is just way to much personal safety risk. This is advice coming from someone who married someone I met online. I never would have flown to meet lance in his home town because it's just not safe. And dating etiquette says that the man should take those kinds of risks...not the woman! I am very worried about you doing this. I would insist that he be the one to travel to see you! you are worth the hassle of that and if not, he's no good anyways!
that is my two cents. I have had quite a few friends use online dating and met some amazing men, but there were also a ton of strange birds who seemed nice at first. be careful! no blind trust even if someone says they are a christian. Christians have the same struggles as everyone else and you have to use wisdom and discernment when putting yourself in certain situations.
Clearly I feel strongly about this. I would HATE for something bad to happen to you.

Jamie
(I think I'm logged in on lances account right now...)