Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh My!! It Is Cold!!

I was out about two hours yesterday and my face was on fire whenever I came in last night and today. Then again today, I have been out in the piercing wind putting the letters up at church in the outside sign. I never can remember the correct name for it! I was greatful for the second pair of hands! Then I walked to the neighbors and it is cold!!

I was driving in the blizzard and I really wanted to go to an empty parking lot and do some wheelies. I felt like a kid today!!

After our church service today, I think I had so much on my mind, I was spinning. I continually had someone asking me questions. "When are we going? Why are standing here? What are we waiting for? Well, I guess I might as well go and just sit!" I just looked at the gentleman and said that I need thirty seconds and I will start the car, pull it up to the door so you don't have to walk down the hill and take a chance in falling, and then we can go home for some hot chili! His reply was simple "Sounds good!" (with a laugh)

I am blessed and encouraged and relieved and challenged all in one day within a few moments of each other. When financial matters get discussed, it is always personal and people tend to get defensive. For the first time, I didn't get defensive! I just felt a peace that God is taking care of me! Peace!!! Thank you Lord!!

Blessings on this wonderful winter day!!

1 comment:

His Will Not Mine said...

Oh, my the sounds of that cold wind allows me to thankful for our move to Texas in 1981. I use to wish it would snow on Christmas, but I don't even do that anymore. Bundle up and stay healthy.
I will pray that the sun will shine for you soon. Love, Mary Kay