Friday, December 26, 2008

Reflection

After a few hours in a small house with about 13 people, I came to a point that I just wanted air! When I went to my brothers house that is about 20 minutes away from Reedsburg, I knew before I left Reedsburg that it was going to be a difficult visit. I did not know I was going to be the one to walk out after being there only five minutes!!!!! You see, I have this thing that I pray is now resolved. My brother's girlfriend has not liked me from day one and everytime, exept Thanksgiving at the same place, she doesn't talk to me unless I say something first. She walks right by me and just mumbles!

I decided that I didn't want to be put in jail for running over my brother because he wouldn't get out of the middle of the road and let me drive away as I requested of him! I really didn't want her to win and so I let the words that my sister and brother told me sink into my inner being and penatrate me! For the first time ever, I felt the support of my biological family at the same time! I was overwhelmed and my brother's girlfriend and I kept distance until the last 45 minutes I was there. Then we had to sit in the same room to open gifts! I knew that I was correct in the things I spoke to her. I showered her with love and applogies and all she could do was rip me apart! You know, I thought at one moment when I was sitting in my car, what did Jesus feel when everyone betrayed him. He died in the midst. I am free because I chose to tell her before I left, "I love you very much. I will never stop loving you. I am sorry there has been this tention and it stops now!!" She couldn't speak and she and I held each other in an embrace where I prayed over her blessings in the name of Jesus Christ!!

I care about what people think of me and about me. When it comes to my family, I haven't been supported much at all. I am looked upon as different and rebellious! I am to the ways of the world and I love the person whom God is transforming me into! I don't want to quit, give up, or fail. I am learning, loving, and leaning on God as I go forward!

I appreciate all I have and the things I need are being provided for by the living and awesome God!! Blessings as you go through your trials and blessings as you stand in the name of Jesus Christ!! Loving you!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how painful family can be.
You did what Jesus would have done!
That is soooo awesome. I'm proud of you (in a good way)!!! Now, no matter how your sis-in-law acts, you have chosen to take the Higher road. It helps me sometimes to see where they are coming from (why they're so hurt and so mean). It does still hurt, but God softens my heart with compassion when I do stop to think that for someone to be so unkind, they must be carrying a heavy load. And I love that quote, that rings so true...."hurting people hurt people".
I enjoy your blog....thanks for sharing your heart. : }
Love,
Melissa